I started making this blender dressing over a year ago, and it is the easiest and best salad dressing that I’ve ever made! This dressing is reminiscent of that Olive Garden (from what I remember) Italian salad dressing, except a bit creamier and less acidic. It’s also packed with good fats, and lasts a long time in the fridge (a couple weeks for me). I love that there is no added mayonnaise in this dressing, it makes it own!
Tips for making Blender Dressing
- Omit the water and you will have a consistency that works well as a vegetable dip. Refrigerate the dip as it will firm up slightly depending on the quality of olive oil and eggs (farm / home grown eggs have better yolks) you used.
- Halve the recipe if you want to, it will turn out just fine!
- Omit the Italian seasoning and add up to 2 tablespoons of your favorite fresh herb if you have it available.
Creamy Italian Blender Salad Dressing
Makes 2 cups
- 1 3/4 cups olive oil (I love Chaffin’s the best)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar (or can use wine vinegar or rice vinegar)
- 1 Tablespoon celtic sea salt (NOTE: if using pure white sea salt or regular salt, reduce to 2 teaspoons)
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon dried onion flakes (or a 1/2 T onion powder)
- 1 Tablespoon dried Italian seasoning (contains: basil, thyme, rosemary, marjoram, oregano, savory, sage)
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 cup water (or none if you are making vegetable dip)
- Optional – 1 teaspoon lemon juice (I usually omit and it’s fine without)
- Optional – 2 teaspoons honey or maple syrup or the equivalent of your choice sweetener (the touch of sweet goes very well to balance acidity in this dressing)
Put all ingredients in blender except the water. Blend well on high, then add the water and blend again. Keeps at least one week in the fridge, possibly two. Thin down with up to 1/4 cup more water if needed. Total liquid should not be more than 1/2 cup.
Photo courtesy of Chiot’s Run on Flickr
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.