Need to get more coconut oil in your diet? This Coconut Almond fudge is a really yummy treat that would make a great holiday gift and is a great way to get healthy fats. It satisfies that chocolate craving that many of us have, but with the nutrients that we need. One piece of this fudge is very satisfying.
Tips for making Coconut Almond Fudge Bars
- Even if you are allergic to chocolate (or don’t want to eat it) you can still make these bars, just use carob powder instead of cocoa. Be sure to add the chocolate extract, it helps the flavor.
- Be sure to follow the directions on using the parchment paper. If not, you will be chipping the fudge out of the pan!
Coconutty Fudge Bars
2 dozen small squares
- 2 cups crispy almonds -See my Resources
- 1 cup coconut oil, softened – See my Resources
- 1 cup raw honey or grade B maple syrup – See my Resources (I use half the sweetener with good results too!)
- 1 cup carob or cocoa powder – See my Resources
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract – See my Resources
- 2 teaspoons chocolate extract (if using carob powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon celtic sea salt – See my Resources
Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until well blended. Line a large loaf pan with parchment paper and spread mixture about 1/2 inch thick. Wrap up in parchment paper and refrigerate several hours. Cut into small squares and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.