I love honey mustard for homemade breaded chicken, shrimp, or chicken salads. Once I figured out how easy and quick it is to mix it up, I will never buy it at the store again. And now I will avoid all of those non-pronounceable ingredients and bad oils in the bottled dressings, and save money too!
Tips for making Honey Mustard
- Use different mustards such as dijon for a slightly different taste.
- This recipe is good enough to serve to guests! It has a ton of flavor.
- Add fresh herbs to dress up this sauce even more, such as thyme.
- Mix up per the recipe but then taste and add more of any ingredient as you wish. The ratio should be pleasing to you.
Honey Mustard Dip or Salad Dressing
Rating: 3 forks (key)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 Tablespoon raw honey
- freshly ground black pepper
- for salad dressing: thin down with milk or half/half to the desired consistency
Combine all ingredients and thin down with the milk if using for salad dressing. Will keep in the fridge for a week or more, depending on the freshness of the mayonnaise used.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.